As a part of the MDM Technical Support, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers’ success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the MDM support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that MDM is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- College degree or equivalent technical experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the software industry.
- Excellent analysis, debugging and trouble-shooting skills, and persistence in problem solving
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think about complex problems and come up with creative solutions
- Strong analytic capability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Development and/or Technical Support Experience with J2EE applications, especially as implemented on BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss is a plus
- Hands-on experience trouble shooting Java and J2EE related errors
- Thorough understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, stored procedures, and database backup, restore and recovery processes.