What You Will Do
- Design, develop, debug and modify web services within flights’ microservices stack
- Write clean code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures and algorithms
- Create and maintain Spring based Java services and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack.
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Performance and load test services and components you write from scalability and resiliency standpoint
- Practice resilience engineering for every frontend/backend component you build
- Support and maintain the flights services and microservices stack
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
Who you are:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject area or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Flexible in getting to know more and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud.
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a big plus
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations