As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building a scalable learning platform using modern development, deployment and monitoring technologies such as NodeJS, GoLang, Python, Java, SQL, Docker, Serverless technologies powered by AWS, etc . We have full-stack teams, where designers, product managers, and engineers work closely to build products that delight our customers.
What would you do?
- Work on fast-paced, agile engineering teams
- Design, research and build prototypes with a platform mindset
- Write async code (callbacks, promises, async/await, observables) and publish/subscribe/event patterns
- Collaborate with software engineers, QA engineers, UX and Design team and project managers
- Maintain high test coverage across unit, functional and integration test suites
- Conduct regular system deployments using our AWS-native continuous delivery pipeline
- Improve documentation of processes and systems
- Troubleshoot existing systems and applications
- Keep yourself up to date on latest technologies and help drive innovation at KTP
What you need to have?
- Understanding of API design and usage
- Expertise working with OOD elements such as Design Patterns.
- Experience with light-weight and/or Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of relational and non relational databases
- Understanding of Web accessibility principles and techniques
- Interest in education and having a positive effect on learners
- Minimum 2 year of Software Development Experience
What does success at KTP look like?
- You are organized, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment
- You are a team player and strong problem-solver
- You are a quick learner with a bias toward action
- You possess good communication skills, with the ability to work with other members of the engineering team
- BS/MS in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering)